Thursday 12 September 2013

Meet Some Good Peeps: Tracy Briffett Hayley

In this installment of Meet Some Good Peeps, you'll meet Tracey Briffett Hayley of Sealed With a Kiss. She has been a regular vendor at Some Good Market and always brings lots of helpers. She is also the mommy of the original Some Good Baby!

So Tracey...

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from Newfoundland,  born and raised.   Moved away for a bit but longed to come home every moment.

Q: Why do you do what you do?

A:  I felt as though it was important for every Newfoundlander to be able to afford to wear a piece of Sealskin,  so I created a product so that they could,  on any budget.

Q: Who/what inspires you (in relation to your craft)?

A: I was inspired by my rich sealing/fishing ancestry. As a granddaughter of a Sealer, I am inspired by family.

Q: What is your favourite part of your craft/process?  What takes the longest?

A:  My favorite part of my craft has to be hand carving of the fur for each and every piece.   It provides me with a form of mediation and self-satisfaction to see each unique creation.

Q: What do you think craft means to NL?

A: Craft represents NL as a province and as a people, unique and beautiful

Q: Words to live by?

A:... there is nothing that you can't do,  if your heart desires.

Q: Do you have any pets?

A: We have 3 dogs.   All toy poodles.   Our oldest, Molly,  is 17. Our youngest is Jerry Springer, 13 and Kinder Surpize is in the middle at 14 years.

Q: Youngsters?

A: Our home is also blessed with 3 beautiful children,  ages 9, 7 and 16 months.  Constantly keeping us entertained and smiling.

Q: What is your favourite food?

A:  My favorite food HAS to be my mom's special Mac and Cheese, with her secret ingredient. Mmmmmm!

Please visit her website at www.sealedwithakiss.ca or like her FB Page, "Sealed with a Kiss".  Or come and visit at Some Good Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment